When I first started cloth diapering I did what most families new to fluff do when looking for a cloth diaper detergent...I went with the cheapest one that was most readily available and showed as "ok" for cloth diapers on some cloth diaper laundry detergent charts I found online. That of course ended up being something free and clear on the shelves at the grocery store.
THEN I started having leaking problems, build-up issues, repelling issues....it was not pretty, nor fun. We would strip weekly with some Dawn Dish Detergent but it was still occurring...we needed new detergent and we needed to somehow get that detergent build up out of our diapers!
Of course, at that time, I was past the whole "get the cheapest and easiest detergent" phase, I wanted quality, I wanted to enjoy washing my cloth diapers again (and I do enjoy it!), I wanted them to smell and look pretty! That's one of the reasons we all cloth diaper is for the cute fluff factor isn't it?! :)
I tried many diaper detergents, but the one that surpassed all my expectations and satisfied all my needs was Rockin' Green!
Rockin' Green has a variety of detergent designed to not only fit your unique needs, but also your unique preferences! They have different strengths of detergent that you can choose from, from their soft rock to their hard rock and their traditional classic rock everyone loves. So if you have a child with sensitive skin they have you covered! Or have hard water? They have that covered too!
Their formula is also unique in a different sense...it is a GREAT stripping detergent! And I'm not just talking cloth diapers here! I work grounds work full time in the hot sun in all kinds of conditions, my clothes get HORRIBLE! What do I do to get them clean and get the smell out? Rockin' Green! If Rockin' Green can stand up to that imagine what they've done for my cloth diapers, which had needed a great amount of stripping! Filled up the washing machine, soaked them, rinsed them a couple times, and they worked wonderful once again! And that only took one stripping!
I started out with the Classic formula of Rockin' Green as I was not sure what type of water I had nor how sensitive SAP would be to the detergent. I would suggest something similar if you are unsure yourself, you can never go wrong with classic! I LOVED that when I first ordered in the Fall as they had their fall scents out....including the Crunchy Pumpkin scent! I LOVE pumpkin! I'm sad it was only a seasonal scent and I really hope they bring it back this fall! But this brings up another wonderful point about Rockin' Green that many people love...their detergent is scented! They have wonderful scents for each person's individual preferences (or unscented if you don't like scent) so your cloth diapers or clothes will come out clean and smelling yummy! Who doesn't want to fold clothes smelling like raspberries or lavender!? And all the better, it's naturally scented, not artificially! So you don't feel bad about how good your clothes/diapers smell!
For this review Rockin' Green was wonderful enough to send me some samples of their brand new Hard Rock 2.0 version of their detergent...new and improved! Of course, I was excited to try it! I had recently learned we actually have hard water, so even though our Classic Rock was working well, I was curious what would happen if I tried their Hard Rock 2.0!
So without telling hubby, I switched detergents in the cloth diaper wash for a week! You know what I hear from him when he's stuffing diapers? "Hey Honey the stains are coming out of the diapers, they look whiter"! And he had no idea that I had switched detergents! That's saying something if he notices it! So we've continued to use the Rockin' Green Hard Rock for a couple more weeks...no more stains! White, clean, yummy smelling diapers that don't leak! I am a very happy mommy! And my fears about SAP being sensitive to the detergent? Gone! SAP has sensitive skin, but Rockin' Green Hard Rock doesn't irritate her at all and I feel as if the diapers are getting cleaner so I worry less about her getting diaper rash!
What SAPsMaMa LOVES about Rockin' Green!
- Environmentally friendly, it's biodegradable!
- No fillers, No enzymes or optical brighteners, 100% Phosphate free, Vegan, and dye free!
- Naturally scented with yummy scents (Check out scents on their FAQs Page!)
- An unscented option!
- Safe for cloth diaper use! See info HERE (Check out The Diaper Jungle Cloth Diaper Safe Detergent Chart!)
- Sometimes you don't even need an extra rinse when using this detergent for washing cloth diapers, so you save water, yay!
- Has 3 formulas to satisfy your unique needs! (See which formula is recommended for your area by using their great chart HERE!)
- Offers sample packs as well as a 45/90 load sized bag and a big 90/180 load sized bag, so you can try before you buy or stock up and save!
- Their new package looks awesome!
- I would like to see a liquid Rockin' Green option in the future! There are many people that dislike powdered detergents and this alone might keep them from trying this wonderful detergent, so a liquid detergent would be helpful in this area!
- I'd also like to see specific formulas for whitening, stripping etc., as I mainly use my Rockin' Green Hard Rock for times I need to strip now (which is A LOT less often!) so if there was a specific formula for that I'd be all over it!
- Make seasonal scents available year round! I know they wouldn't be as special or sell as well but I would LOVE my pumpkin crunch back!
- I would have suggested new packaging and a new laundry scoop as I had started out with the old style bag and the wooden scoop, but they've already covered that with the wonderful new magnetic scoop that measure any measurement you'd need with the detergent as well as their new bags that will be less prone to break upon shipping or tip over as easily! Thanks so much for the upgrades I love them! :)
Rockin’ Green LLC was born out of necessity. My kid’s have incredibly sensitive skin and they broke out with just about everything store bought. Eventually I started buying WAHM soaps and lotions and saw an immediate improvement in their skin. On top of my kid’s skin sensitivities, I also found it extremely difficult to get my diapers clean with hard water. We either ended up with stinkies or buildup problems. So I set out to find a better way, and Rockin' Green was born.
Rockin' Green offers more than just excellent laundry detergent! They carry many other natural laundry supplies! Check out their:
- Shake It Up! Pail Freshener
- Magnetic Laundry Scoop
- Diaper Sprayer
- Wool Dryer Balls
- Delish Naturals- Yum Bum Butter
You can purchase Rockin' Green laundry detergent and other products directly from their online store with shipping starting at just $1 !
You can also find Rockin' Green at retailers nation wide! Se which retailer is closest to you HERE!
One lucky SAPsMaMa follower will be the recipient of one bag of Rockin' Green 45/90, a retail value of $13.95! Lucky you!
- You must be a SAPsMaMa Google Friend Connect follower PUBLICLY to enter this giveaway!
- You must leave your email in each comment/entry! You may leave your email in the " email at host dot com " format if you would like to deter spam bots, but your email MUST be included for your entry to count!
- Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry in order for all entries to be counted (i.e. if something is worth 2 entries, please leave two comments, and please label #1 and #2, etc.)
- If you need clarification on how to complete one of the entries, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help!
- I will check each comment entry! So please be fair and only enter for entries you qualify for!
You must follow SAPsMaMa PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect!
Head on over to the Rockin' Green website and tell me what formula of Rockin' Green detergent you'd need (soft, classic, or hard rock), and what yummy scent you'd love to have it in!
This mandatory entry is worth 2 Entries, and you must do BOTH these things!
- Subscribe to Rockin' Green's Newsletter! (1 Entry)
- Like Rockin' Green on Facebook and tell them on their wall: I want to win a bag of Rockin' Green from @SAPsMaMa: Natural Parenting in the Modern World! http://tinyurl.com/3xlabxy (1 Entry)
- Follow @RockinGreenSoap on Twitter! (1 Entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway! You may tweet once per day! You may use this tweet if you would like:
Rock the Soak with Rockin' Green! #Win a 45/90 bag of @RockinGreenSoap from @SAPsMaMa blog! http://tinyurl.com/3xlabxy
- Tell me what scent you'd love to see from Rockin' Green! (1 Entry
- Tell me what your favorite accessory from Rockin' Green is or that you'd be most interested in! (1 Entry)
- Tell me who your closest retailer of Rockin' Green would be! (1 Entry)
- Read my Rockin' Green review in this post above and answer the following questions, 1 extra entry per question answered! All answers should be pretty obvious, these are not trick questions! :) Make sure to put a separate comment for each entry!
1. What is SAPsMaMa's favorite all time scent of Rockin' Green detergent?! (1 Entry)
2. What else did I wash using Rockin' Green besides my cloth diapers? (1 Entry)
3. What did SAPsDaDa say after I switched to Rockin' Green Hard Rock 2.0 without him knowing? :) (1 Entry)
- Like SAPsMaMa on Facebook! Please leave your Facebook name or at least your first initial and last name for me to verify. (2 Entries!)
- Follow @SAPsMaMa on Twitter! Please leave your twitter handle! (1 Entry)
- Tweet about this giveaway! You may tweet daily! (1 Entry / day)
You may use:
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa via RSS Feedburner! (1 Entry)
- Change your Facebook status to link to this giveaway, remembering to tag @SAPsMaMa: Natural Parenting in the Modern World in your status post! Please leave the URL to your status in your entry! You may do this once per day! (1 Entry)
- Enter any of my other CURRENT giveaways! (1 Entry Each!)
- If you guessed this review correctly on SAPsMaMa's Facebook Fan Page (Kelly!), you get 5 extra entries! Be sure to like SAPsMaMa on facebook and have a chance at each giveaway at extra entries! (5 Entries)
- If you participated in my little guessing game for this review/giveaway you get 1 extra entry! (1 Entry)
- If you liked Dependable Luxury's Facebook Fan page and commented on their wall that Melissa from @SAPsMaMa: Natural Parenting in the Modern World referred you (remember to tag me!), you get 1 extra entry! You can still do this throughout the month of September and it will get you an additional entry into my other giveaways too! (1 Extra Entry per giveaway)
- If your blog is Carbon Neutral, you get an extra entry! Please leave your link to your blog! You can learn how to do this on my blog post My Blog is Carbon Neutral, Is YOURS?! (1 Entries)
- If you made a donation of any amount to the Cloth Diaper Foundation you get 10 extra entries! Learn details on how to do this on my recent post The Ying and Yang of Life and Help The Cloth Diaper Foundation Please! It's a great cause! (10 Entries)
- If you helped out The Dirties on Diapering and got extra entries there (anywhere from 1-40 extra entries!) post those entries as well! You can find out how to get these extra entries at my blog post HERE! Requirements for these extra entries must be done before Wednesday Sep 15, 11:59pm EDT to qualify, but you may still use these extra entries in giveaways for the month of September, maybe longer! I have not decided yet :)
- Any other extra entries please put in also, I will check and approve them, so be sure I know what you're referring to in your entry! :)
The product(s) provided for the review (3 Samples of Rockin' Green Hard Rock 2.0 Laundry Detergent) were sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own. Text in Italics is from the company's website or otherwise sited from party it was received from.
Giveaway is open to USA Only! Giveaway will end Oct. 5th @ 11:59 PM (CST). Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!
Thank you so much to Rockin' Green for providing the items for review and the giveaway prize!