Monday, July 19, 2010

My Blog is Carbon Neutral and Eco-Friendly, is yours?!

Since I started blogging and spending more time online I have had many people ask me the same, or similar, question. If I am blogging about going green and natural, but I'm using the internet, doesn't that make me a hippocrate and I'm doing more harm than good?

I do hope that by spreading the news on how to go toxin-free and more green I am creating a more healthy environment for many families and that my carbon footprint is a minority amount, but there IS something more I can do (and you too!)


Carbon Neutral Your Blog!

local shopping offers and coupons with kaufDA.de

How? All you have to do is join the "My Blog Is Carbon Free" program brought to you by Make It Green!, a company in Germany, and The Arbor Day Foundation! For every blog that joins them, they will plant one tree!

But not just any tree! Want to know where the trees are planted? You will be helping out the re-planting of the Plumas National Forest in Northern California, which had severe fires in 2007. The fires were caused by several lightning strikes and burned an astonishing 23,000 acres of forest!!

So let's get the forest back! And let's reduce our carbon footprint and make our blogs carbon neutral!

Are you wondering, does this really work? Does this really off-set my carbon footprint enough to make my blog carbon neutral? Find out at 1 Tree + 1 Blog = Carbon Neutral on their website!

Want to learn more?!


I believe this is such a great cause that I will give an extra entry into EVERY one of my giveaways, up until an undecided time, for any blogger that participates in this program! Look for this entry in the "Extra Entries" part of my giveaways! :)


Learn how to participate (It's very easy!) and more about the program at their website HERE!!


I would like to thank Home Grown Families blog for posting about this program so I could learn about it and join! :)

5 comments:

Sarah Hull said...

Thank you so much for this info! I just joined and now my blog is carbon neutral too!
http://thelittlehedgehog.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-blog-is-carbon-neutral.html

Christina said...

Thanks for this, I forgot to comment here after I did it, but my blog is now carbon neutral too :)

http://chiarore.blogspot.com

Anestazia said...

This is so great!! & I definitely don't think that by being on the internet, you are being hypocritical... Thanks for getting this out there and helping people to live a more green lifestyle!!

http://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/

p.s. I have a carbon neutral blog as well!!

Alice Becomes said...

i love this....im off to check it out right now!

Pinkie Anggia said...

Hey, I'm joining too ^^
You have a really nice blog :)
I'm following you


Xoxo ♥
Pinkie Anggia

http://sugarpuff.jp.pn