SAPsMaMa's First MeME!
Really, what is a MeMe? lol I really don't know, but I was tagged in one by the wonderful blog Going Green With Noah, one of my favorite green blogs! You should really check them out I think you'd love them too!
But seriously, what is a MeMe? Well it's a serious of questions that get passed around to different blogs, and you get to learn more about the blogger, and then they pass it on to, in this case, eight more deserving blogs!
So now, to answer the questions!
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging when my friends suggested I should! Everyone kept coming to me with questions on how to go green with certain things or how to cloth diaper, what is my take on this etc., and Facebook just wasn't doing it for me anymore! I thought instead of repeating my self so many times and only giving the information to the few people that asked, make it available to everyone! SAPsMaMa was born!
2. When do you find time to blog?
That's a toughy. I mostly blog after SAP goes to bed, though that interferes with mommy and daddy time. Since my blog has grown so much and requires more attention and upkeep I've started working on it early in the morning (like 5-6am!) for a half hour or hour, and then periodically throughout the day, like lunch time!
3. What do you think is the best way to encourage new followers?
I have yet to find the perfect way! I try to provide quality over quantity and hope that my followers are loyal to what SAPsMaMa provides and not just hanging around for free stuff! I try to provide only items that fit our theme of green, non-toxic, natural and hope that by reviewing the items to the best of my ability I answer all their questions and help them make better decisions in their daily life!
4. What is the most rewarding thing you do in blogging?
The most rewarding thing I do in blogging is help out families that need it. So many mommies have emailed me, overwhelmed by choices and the contradictions of how to go green and how to cloth diaper etc., and it makes me feel so good to help them out and make their choice a reality! So feel free to send me an email I would love to help!
5. Who is your favorite Blogger and why?
It's so difficult to choose, I love so many bloggers for so many different reasons! I love Going Green With Noah for all their wonderful content regarding natural and green decisions and the great stories shared on their little boy! I love Mom To Bed By 8 for all their wonderful products and companies I learn about through their site and exciting events they hold!
The number one blog I follow however, that I read all their posts and feel a great connection with is Mama B! She not only has wonderful giveaways but her posts are very open, I can easily connect to her and love having conversations with her! If you havn't checked any of these blogs out please do! You'll love them I gaurentee it! :)
6. What advice would you give to new bloggers?
It's easy to get overwhelmed! It's ok not to do everything and be involved in everything and every blog that you meet, form relationships with bloggers and companies, those will last you alot longer than followering hundreds of blogs and adding a ton of twitter followers!
7. Name one thing that has been a blessing to you because of your blogging.
My blogging has helped me get through some rough times. It gave me a sense of purpose ( I know I'm lame) and the people I meet and form a connection with have given me a sense of friendship that I have lost over the years since my old friends have moved away and I have started a family when others have not.
8. What could make blogging better?
Well, one, if my followers would comment! Comment comment comment! I love comments and feedback please! :) I can't give you what you're looking for without them!
What could make blogging as a whole better? If it didnt' take up so much time lol. I'm sometimes so overwhelmed with reviews or posts that I'm tempted to take time away from family to fullfill timelines, but family comes first, always! :)
Ok, the 8 Questions I will send to 8 bloggers.....
1. What is your main goal with blogging?
2. How has blogging helped your family (not just yourself! :) )
3. What do you hope your blogging future holds?
4. If you had an entire week to just blog, what posts would you put up? (monday, tuesday, wednesday.... and so on! :) )
5. What is the oddest thing that you've eaten while trying to blog at the same time?
6. What inspirational moment have you come accross while blogging?
7. How do you try to "give back" with your blogging?
8. How much has your blogging style changed from your first post? This one should be fun!
And now for the 8 blogs I will pass this on to! You should all check these blogs out, they're amazing and you will love them all!
1. MaMa B
2. Fitteds and Pockets and Snappies, oh My!
3. Minnesota Mama Must Haves
4.Coupon Mommy of 3
5. Chubby Cheeks Thinks
6. Home Grown Families
7. Loves Jurn 3
8. Raising My 5 Sons
I"d like to thank Going Green With Noah for tagging me! :) Love your blog!