I began potty training SAP early, but with daycare, college courses, internships, work...it just doesn't always work out the way you planned. SAP was doing great! She knew the potty sign (baby sign language), would tell us when she went potty in her diaper, and if we told her to go sit on her potty, s he would! But we were stuck. She did not understand potty went in the potty chair, not diaper!
So, it was time to try a new approach. Prefolds and baby leggings worked well at first, but it was time for some real training pants! Searching around...nothing I could find was made for young potty learners like SAP, everything either looked just like a diaper, or was so thin it wouldn't hold any accidents, let alone be waterproof! I needed something in between...
So when I came across BumbleDoo, it was perfect! Malia, the owner/brains behind the business of BumbleDoo had a seconds sale going on of her training pants....voila! Not only did I order some, but I also ordered a great kids crayon apron, and some cloth wipes! I was so excited to try them out I contacted Malia and she agreed to send a pair of her new style of training pants for SAP to give a go at and for me to review on my blog! She also sent me a mama pad to try out, which, of course, I was very happy to do! :)
In this review I will mostly be reviewing the new style of BumbleDoo trainers, though I will also mention the old style and compare a bit.
SAPsMaMa Thinks: BumbleDoo Trainers
I've used these trainers on multiple occasions over the past month or so, and have found them very reliable! Overall, they do what needs to be done. My first impression was a very slim cloth diaper. It had the absorption I needed for my daughter since she was still young and didn't know how to not go in her diaper yet, but it was slimmer and less "fluffy", more of an underwear style!
The trainers have snaps on the sides for them to be easy on easy off! At first I wanted the Pull-up kind, since they're similar to those in the stores, but Malia convinced me snap was the way to go, especially with likely "messy" business happening in those trainers, and she was right!
Since SAP knew to go to the potty when told, I figured the next step was teaching her to pull down her trainers before sitting down on the potty, so it was important to me that the trainers were easily able to be pulled up and down! Since I first tried this with the old style of trainers, I found it difficult. After talking to Malia we thought they were too small and I purchased a larger size. After that no problem! The new trainers were good from the start, pulled up and down pretty easy for me, though SAP I believe is a bit too young to do this herself yet. BUT she now understands, unlike before, that her trainers go up and down and get taken off before sitting down! We went the next step in our potty training thanks to BumbleDoo!
Regarding the fit of the trainers, at first I was concerned with the plastic snaps on the sides making marks on SAP's skin, but with sizing up that hasn't been much of an issue. Plus, since getting the new style of trainers, they're much better! The new style that Malia now makes are sewn very well and do not make marks on SAPs skin, yet they are snug enough not to leak when she has potty accidents!
Overall these trainers have become our most used trainers, they work very well for early learners and beginners and have helped us along in our potty training! With the help of Malia I'm sure you can find the perfect potty training solution for your little one as well!
What SAPsMaMa LOVES about the BumbleDoo Trainers!
- Skinnier than a diaper: imitates underwear
- Easy to use side snaps
- Can be pulled up and down
- Great color selection, bright colors and patterns that stand out from traditional disposable trainers!
- Absorbent enough for a potty accident
- Worked out very well for us
- I would love if the plastic snaps were covered on the inside so they would not come into contact with baby, and increase comfort of the trainers... as long as it doesn't impair the functionality of the trainers!
- The "new style" of trainers compared to the "old style" seemed to not be as slim! If all the great things I love about the new style could be done with a more slim fit like the "old style" that would keep them feeling more like a trainer and keep baby from considering them a diaper.
From the Website:
Everything that Malia says in her "about me" is what I experienced! Wonderful home made items and top level customer service!
BumbleDoo offers a wide variety of items, not just Training pants, but things you could find useful on a daily basis! Some of my favorites that I've purchased are her super soft cloth wipes, her bumble pockets for cribs and beds, her child's apron, which my daughter just loves, and her wee pouches, that are so useful!
She has recently also made some great mama cloth pads, which you will see a review on from me real soon! Be sure to check out BumbleDoo's Facebook page and see the cutest mama pads she just sewed together, makes me want even more Bumbledoo mama cloth!
Something Special From BumbleDoo!
Do you have a Special Needs Child?
Since I've become an active member of the online parenting community I've come across many families with special needs children of all ages, whether it be autism, cerebral palsy, or other.
One thing I find amazing about BumbleDoo is Malia's goal to provide useful items for these special needs children that are not currently provided!
Need a special sized cloth diaper, or a larger sized reusable swim diaper and can't find it anywhere else? Malia would love to work with you to help you get the products you and your child need!
With the service, ambition, and ideas that Malia has to offer, I look forward to seeing what BumbleDoo will carry in the future!
BumbleDoo Website: www.BumbleDoo.com
BumbleDoo Facebook: www.facebook.com/mybumbledoo
EtsyShop: BumbleDoo on Etsy
One SAPsMaMa follower will be lucky enough to win a $10 Gift Certificate to BumbleDoo! You can get your little one a diaper or trainers, or yourself some mama pads! So many options! :)
- You must be a SAPsMaMa Google Friend Connect follower PUBLICLY to enter this giveaway!
- You must leave your email in each comment/entry! You may leave your email in the " email at host dot com " format if you would like to deter spam bots, but your email MUST be included for your entry to count!
- Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry in order for all entries to be counted (i.e. if something is worth 2 entries, please leave two comments, and please label #1 and #2, etc.)
- If you need clarification on how to complete one of the entries, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help!
- I will check each comment entry! So please be fair and only enter for entries you qualify for!
You must follow SAPsMaMa PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect!
Head on over to the BumbleDoo Website and take a look at what she has! Let me know what you would purchase with your BumbleDoo Gift Certificate! It's that easy!
This mandatory entry is worth 2 Entries, and you must do BOTH these things!
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa through Email!! (2 Entries) NEW!! Upper right sidebar.
- Like SAPsMaMa on Facebook! Please leave your Facebook name or at least your first initial and last name for me to verify. (2 Entries!)
- Follow @SAPsMaMa on Twitter! Please leave your twitter handle! (1 Entry)
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa via RSS Feedburner! (1 Entry)
- Enter any of my other CURRENT giveaways! (1 Entry Each!)
- "Like" BumbleDoo on Facebook! (1 Entry)
- Comment on BumbleDoo's Facebook Page, tagging SAPsMaMa: Natural Parenting in the Modern World in the comment! Comment here with your facebook last name and first letter of first name to get entry! (1 Entry)
- "Heart" (favorite) BumbleDoo on Etsy! (1 Entry) Please leave Etsy name in entry comment.
- Make a purchase from BumbleDoo! Email order number to mphin278 at yahoo dot com (10 Entries) You can find items on the BumbleDoo Website, Etsy Page, and Facebook Fan Page for sale!
- Follow @BumbleDoo on Twitter! (1 Entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway! You may tweet once per day, 1 entry each day! You may use this tweet if you would like:
Cute + practical @BumbleDoo Cloth Trainers are a must for little learners! #Win a @BumbleDoo GC from @SAPsMaMa blog #Giveaway!
- Read my BumbleDoo review in this post above and answer the following questions, 1 extra entry per question answered! All answers should be pretty obvious, these are not trick questions! :) Make sure to put a separate comment for each entry!
1. Name one other item I ordered from BumbleDoo when I ordered from their Seconds Sale on the BumbleDoo Facebook Fan Page. (1 Entry)
2. What was the "next step" in the potty training process I was trying to achieve ( and was able to!) with BumbleDoo Trainers? (1 Entry)
3. Tell me one other item that BumbleDoo carries that is not related to cloth diapers/trainers! (1 Entry)
4. Tell me the very special thing that BumbleDoo does for families! (1 Entry)
- If you guessed this review correctly on SAPsMaMa's Facebook Fan Page (Cortney!), you get 6 extra entries! Be sure to like SAPsMaMa on facebook and have a chance at each giveaway for extra entries! (6 Entries)
- If your blog is Carbon Neutral, you get an extra entry! Please leave your link to your blog! You can learn how to do this on my blog post My Blog is Carbon Neutral, Is YOURS?! (1 Entry)
- If you made a donation of any amount to the Cloth Diaper Foundation you get 10 extra entries! Learn details on how to do this on my recent post The Ying and Yang of Life and Help The Cloth Diaper Foundation Please! It's a great cause! (10 Entries)
- If you helped out The Dirties on Diapering and got extra entries there (anywhere from 1-40 extra entries!) post those entries as well! You cannot earn more entries as this project did not meet it's goal, but entries are still good on this giveaway and other current giveaways up until this giveaway.
- If you liked Cuddly Bums Baby Boutique on Facebook and told me you did so, you get 2 extra entries! These extra entries are not available anymore post 7pm 10/28.
- Any other extra entries please put in also, I will check and approve them, so be sure I know what you're referring to in your entry! :)
The product(s) provided for the review (1 Pair of BumbleDoo Training Pants) was sent to me free of charge from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own. Text in Italics is from the company's website/social media site or otherwise sited from party it was received from.
Giveaway is open to all! Giveaway will end Nov. 20th @ 11:59 PM (CST). Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!
Thank you Malia for being so helpful and for creating such wonderful products for families! I loved doing this review, working with you is a pleasure!