No matter what choice you are faced with these days, any infant product you research safety will come up as an issue. Baby bottles? The choice is not just between plastic or glass, but does it have BPA. Crib bedding? The choice is which bumper pads are safest to prevent SIDs...are sleep positioners a good idea. Diapers? The choice of disposable versus cloth, and even if you choose cloth to stay away from the chemicals in disposables, do you want to use only natural organic fibers. The decisions are endless and research is changing recommendations all the time!
What I have come to realize is that the answer to all of these questions is to find a reliable and trustworthy store to provide me with the products that are safe and the knowledge on how to protect my little girl from harm. When I have a problem with safety no longer do I Google search for reviews and try to make what I believe to be an informed decision....now I have everything I need in one place! My Precious Kid LLC is that place!
SAPsMaMa Thinks: Child LocatorWhen I made my first order from My Precious Kid online store I had a hard decision to make! Unlike other decisions I had made before as to which item to get that would be safest for my child, the decision I was faced with this time was the spending limit I had! There was so many amazing items that we did not just want, but needed!
After convening with the hubby I decided to get something that I felt would be a wonderful safety tool: the Child Locator!
SAP is a very active child. She is also a very trusting child. She will run and play, and thus there has been many occasions she has run straight for a road after her favorite toys...trucks! Unfortunately those trucks are unsafe, and a young child cannot understand that concept, so it became essential for us to figure out a way to keep our eyes on her, even when we had to take our eyes off of her for a second. We felt that this child locator would be up for this task.
The second reason we felt that the child locator would be a wonderful safety tool to have around is quite a scary thought, but a reality non-the-less. Unfortunately in today's world there are children kidnapped, and that is a danger that parents need to consider when going to public locations where it is easy to lose track of your child. With this child locator I felt a little bit more secure that I would know how far away SAP was from me at all times.
Our order from My Precious Kid, with our child locator, was received rather quickly! I was quite happy with this since I wished to get my safety equipment ASAP. I know the quicker the better for many who wait until a problem presents itself before they choose to take action and order safety equipment, so this is something to take into consideration. Everything was packaged very well and there was even extra information sent with the package regarding other safety products and information that was very helpful!
To figure out the child locator I first tested it at home, but our apartment is quite small and it was a little difficult to really get a feel for how well it would work. So....time to go to the park! You just know SAP loved that idea!
The child locator is very simple to use, which was very surprising to me! It has a light on both the receiver and the transmitter, and an on/off switch on both ends as well. The only thing you need to really understand is how long to push the button to get the transmitter to start receiving, otherwise it's as simple as flipping a switch! I don't know about you but with a toddler that will not sit still this is important!
The "bear" receiver easily straps on to a shoe, a wrist, an ankle, backpack...anywhere you'd like! One of my major questions I had when I purchased this product was, will SAP accept it? Will she refuse to wear it and take it off? That would pretty much defeat it's purpose. My worry was abated however when we took our locator for it's first test run at the playground, for she thought it was a toy! We put it on her wrist like a bracelet and she loved it! Also, running, climbing, doing all the normal things kids do, it did not get in her way at all!
We did have one incident at the playground that day that showed us that the child locator could have come into handy. I had to walk back to the car to put something away and so switched off the child locator, leaving her with daddy. While I was walking back I noticed daddy turn his back on SAP for a split second...and away she went! Straight for the active area of the playground and within a couple seconds got kicked by an older kid in the head who was on a swing. If the locator had been on at the time we would have know she was off running away into a area she could have gotten hurt, and although it was just a minor injury it could have been worse. This is just one minor example of how this locator can help you with safety!
We are very happy with our locator, and although with winter on the horizen we do not use it as much anymore, this is one piece of safety equipment she will not outgrow quickly! Very much worth it's money.
My Precious Kid, LLC
Our mission is to "Make Child Safety Easy"
My Precious Kid Child Safety Products of Oregon is dedicated to helping parents keep their children safe. We produce professional family safety ID product kits. And we sell a wide range of protects to protect your family. We educate parents how to keep children safer. My Precious Kid is dedicated to your success and safety.
My Precious Kid Child Safety Products of Oregon is founded on Christian values of truth, honesty, integrity, human worth, and the value of all children. My Precious Kid is dedicated to family success and family safety.
My Precious Kid is an Oregon based sole proprietor company founded by Kay Green. Kay originally created ID card products, filling a need for home school and adopted kids. Beginning with one product in 2001, now the company carries 400+ products protecting kids, adults, and pets.
Company ProductsMy Precious Kid carries so many products, they have any safety product I need, it seems! Some of my favorites that I believe every parent should have include:
1 - Child ID Card
1 - Child Car Seat ID Card
1 - Medical Release Card
1 - Child Luggage Tag ID Card
2 - Shoe ID Stickers
1 - Disposable Child ID bracelet
1 - Child DNA Fingerpri nt Kit
or check out their store location at:
527 SE BASELINE ST STE A
HILLSBORO OR 97123-4149
My Precious Kid LLC offers wonderful discounts and information on their Facebook Fan Page! Check it out HERE!
One SAPsMaMa follower will be lucky enough to win a $25 Gift Certificate to My Precious Kid LLC! You can get your little one a cloth diaper, a safety kit, or even some sippy cup labels!
- You must be a SAPsMaMa Google Friend Connect follower PUBLICLY to enter this giveaway!
- You must leave your email in each comment/entry! You may leave your email in the " email at host dot com " format if you would like to deter spam bots, but your email MUST be included for your entry to count!
- Mandatory entry must be completed before any other entries!
- Leave a separate comment for each entry in order for all entries to be counted (i.e. if something is worth 2 entries, please leave two comments, and please label #1 and #2, etc.)
- If you need clarification on how to complete one of the entries, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help!
- I will check each comment entry! So please be fair and only enter for entries you qualify for!
You must follow SAPsMaMa PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect ON THE NEW BLOG AT www.SAPsMaMa.com!!
Head on over to the My Precious Kid LLC online store and take a look at what Kay has! Let me know what you would put your Gift Certificate towards if you won!! It's that easy!
This mandatory entry is worth 2 Entries, and you must do BOTH these things!
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa through Email!! (2 Entries) NEW!! Upper right sidebar.
- Like SAPsMaMa on Facebook! Please leave your Facebook name or at least your first initial and last name for me to verify. (2 Entries!)
- Follow @SAPsMaMa on Twitter! Please leave your twitter handle! (1 Entry)
- Subscribe to SAPsMaMa via RSS Feedburner! (1 Entry)
- Enter any of my other CURRENT giveaways! (1 Entry Each!)
- "Like" My Precious Kid LLC on Facebook! (2 Entries)
- Make a purchase from My Precious Kid LLC! Email order number to mphin278 at yahoo dot com (10 Entries) Kay posts coupon codes and shipping deals on her Facebook page all the time, so it pays to be her facebook fan! *hint hint*
- Follow @MyPreciousKid on Twitter! (1 Entry)
- Tweet about the giveaway! You may tweet once per day, 1 entry each day! You may use this tweet if you would like:
Make Child Safety Easy with @MyPreciousKid LLC! Win a $25 GC at @SAPsMaMa Blog! http://tinyurl.com/2ca7haj
- What product would you like to see carried at the My Precious Kid LLC store? (1 Entry)
- What is your greatest Safety concern with your child right now? (1 Entry)
- If you are if you are currently pregnant, gave birth on/after 07/01/10, or adopted a baby since 07/01/10, you qualify for a free gift from My Precious Kid LLC! Kay would like to give you a Car Seat ID Tag! Sign up to receive your free gift and get an extra entry! (1 Entry)
- Join the My Precious Kid LLC Parent Panel! Give your input and receive in return great deals and a free Safety Packet! (1 Entry)
- Read my My Precious Kid review in this post above and answer the following questions, 1 extra entry per question answered! All answers should be pretty obvious, these are not trick questions! :) Make sure to put a separate comment for each entry!
1. When I have a child safety problem, what do I do now instead of "Google" the issue? (1 Entry)
2. What were the two reasons we thought the child locator at My Precious Kid LLC would be a wonderful child safety tool for us? (1 Entry)
3. What was my major question concerning SAP and the child locator that I was worried about, and in the end, was I still worried or not? (1 Entry)
4. What are the newest arrivals at My Precious Kid LLC store that I am super excited about?! (1 Entry)
- If you guessed this review correctly on SAPsMaMa's Facebook Fan Page (Jennifer!), you get 5 extra entries! Be sure to like SAPsMaMa on facebook and have a chance at each giveaway for extra entries! (5 Entries)
- If you participated in my little guessing game for this review/giveaway you get 1 extra entry! Only 3 other participants this time, we do this for every giveaway so follow SAPsMaMa on Facebook and get some extra entries for yourself! (1 Entry)
- If your blog is Carbon Neutral, you get an extra entry! Please leave your link to your blog! You can learn how to do this on my blog post My Blog is Carbon Neutral, Is YOURS?! (1 Entry)
- Any other extra entries please put in also, I will check and approve them, so be sure I know what you're referring to in your entry! :)
I was not provided any products for this review but was offered a coupon code for my purchase from the company or the PR agency. The opinions expressed are 100% my own. Text in Italics is from the company's website/social media site or otherwise sited from party it was received from.
Giveaway is open to all! Giveaway will end Dec. 11th @ 11:59 PM (CST). Winner will be chosen using random.org. Winner will have 48 hours to respond after I contact via email. If winner does not respond, a new winner will be chosen. Good Luck and thank you for supporting SAPsMaMa!
Thank you Kay for this opportunity to share your store and products with my fans, I feel you offer a wonderful selection of safety products and I hope my readers benefit greatly from your knowledge :)